25 February 2013

WELCOME TO STUDENTS FROM CANADA


My name is Abby Flett and I am sixteen years old. I have two older brothers named Mitch and Zac. I also live with my parents and my Nana. 

We live in small town called St. Catharines by Niagara Falls, Ontario
I attend Sir Winston Churchill High School where I take math and science classes. After high school I plan to go to university for health sciences then become a speech pathologist. 
My high school is very different from schools here. My school starts at 9:20 and ends at 3:15. I have four classes a day which I get to choose, I have a new teacher, class and classroom each class. I also get a forty-five minute lunch break in the middle of the day and 10 minute breaks between periods. 

After school I coxy for rowing.  My job is to sit in the boat while the rowers row and motivate them and tell them what to do, I am an in boat coach. I have rowing practices every day and races every weekend so it keeps me very busy. In my free time between rowing and school I hang out with friends and do things like you do here.  
I love to travel and have traveled to many places like the United States, London, Dominican Republic, Mexico and many more. 

My reason for doing the exchange is that I wanted to see new places and experience other cultures. So far I love Spain it is so beautiful, the food is amazing and the people are very nice. I am excited for the rest of my exchange.